Prague is the town eleven centuries old, in my opinion it is very beautiful (see picture). Some of monuments are on the list of cultural heritage of UNESCO. They are built in the romanesque style, the gothic style, renaissance, baroque, rococo, art nouveau and in the more modern styles.
There is also the charming old historical center with many romantic places and real “old-czech” pubs in Prague. This is where you can get a typical Czech dinner and world known Czech beer.
Most admired highlights of Prague :
- the Prague Castle (Prazsky hrad),
- the Vysehrad Castle (Vysehrad),
- the Old Town (Staré mesto)
- the Jewish Town
- the Lesser Town (Mala strana),
- the Charles Bridge (Karluv most), etc
What do you like best about your city?
The Castle with the Cathedral of St.Vitus, the Charles Bridge, the National Cemetary at the Vysehrad Castle, Staromestske namesti (=the Old Town Square) with the historical astronomical and calendar clock, view of 12 apostles at every hour and the view tower (with an elevator) – all as parts of the Old Town Hall.
Best Walk in Prague
I would recommend the Strahov Monastery with the first view of Prague, the Prague Castle with St.Vitus Cathedral and the second view of Prague, then the Old King Way from the the Prague Castle thorough the Lesser Town, the Charles Bridge, the Old Town Square to the Powder Gate.
From the Old Town Square it is possible to reach the Estate Theatre (here there was the World premiere of W.A.Mozart „Don Giovanni“), the Wenceslas Square, the Jewish Town . From the Strahov monastery to the Estate Theatre you walk 3 km.
Best Restaurants in Prague
In my opinion Czech beer is know the world over. There is a lot of pubs in Prague. I am recommending the alehouse U Fleku“ with the interesting Cabaret (address: Kremencova street 11).
U Flek is the oldest brewery in Prague.
The other alehouses: U Bonaparta (Nerudova 29), U dvou kocek (Uhelny trh 10), U Medvidku (Na Perstyne 7).
In those alehouses you will drink various types of the Czech beer.
In Prague you will find lot of wine taverns. Here are 3 that I like:
- Klasterni vinarna (Narodni 8)
- Tri gracie (Novotneho lavka),
- U Golema (Maislova 8)
As for restaurants I like these:
- U kalicha (Na Bojisti 12),
- Vikarka (Vikarska 6)
- Prazske jaro (=Prague Spring) the most famous Czech music festival of the classic music – from May 12 (anniversary of the death of Czech composer Bedrich Smetana) till the inception of June
- Struny podzimu (=Strings of Autumn) – convergency of the classic and jazz music (in October and November)
- Prazsky podzim (=Prague Autumn) – not only classic music (in September and October) Verdi Festival (in August)
- Letni slavnosti stare hudby (Summer Festivities of Early Music) – music of various historical music styles (July and August)
- Tanec Praha (=Dance of Prague) – (May, June)
- Mezinárodní jazzový festival Praha(= International Jazz Festival Prague) – performance is not determined regularly.
Particulars of all above-mentioned festivals must be consulted by internet
The Karlovy Lazne – One of the coolest places in Prague to hang out if you’re into serious clubbing is the Karlovy Lazne, located close to the Charles Bridge. Spread over five floors, this is the biggest club of its type in Central Europe. Address: Novotneho Lavka 5, Old Town, Prague 1
Best Day Trip Out of the City
The Karlstejn Castle – founded in 1348 by Czech and Roman king and emperor Charles IV. as a stronghold intended to house the imperial coronation jewels. The Karlstejn Castle is now a National Cultural Monument.
Something that not many tourists would know about Prague
Prague Old Gardens:
- Prague Castle Gardens (founded in 1534): The Royal Garden, The Riding School Terrace Garden, The Garden on the Bastion, The Garden of Paradise, The Garden on the Ramparts, The Hartig Garden. These gardens are free of charge
- Wallenstein Garden – is bordering Wallenstein Palace. This garden is in Baroque style. There is the great salla terrena in this garden
- Vrtba Garden – unique Baroque architectonic gem of the Lesser Town under the Prague Castle. This Italian style terrace garden was built in 1715-1720 for earl Jan Joseph Vrtba (the highest chancellor of Prague Castle). Famous Baroque sculptor Matyas Bernard Braun provided all the sculptures for the garden. It is said the Vrtba garden is the most beautiful baroque garden north from the Alps
- Palace Gardens below the Castle –(Palacove zahrady pod Prazskym hradem) are situated on the southern slope of the Castle. The Ledeburg Garden was designed by Baroque maestro J.B.Santini in 18th century. Valuable are: The Small and Large Palffy Gardens, The Kolowrat and the Small Fuerstenberg Gardens too.
This blog has been verified by Rise: Rf61f63be5c156becd1c8612656eabffe
When you think about "my city," it is sometimes easy to forget that very touristy areas also have residents: lucky people who live their year-round. In my case, it is only part of the year. And the...
Must Do It would be a splendid idea to go island hopping and go with a huge group of people and meet new friends. You will be going to numerous islands such as Monkey Beach and Phi Phi Island....