If you’re looking for something to do in Jurong East, you’ve come to the right place. It’s a residential and planning town that borders the surrounding towns of Jurong West, Boon Lay, Clementi, Tengah, Bukit Batok, and Selat Jerong. There are a number of things you can do in Jurong East. Let’s take a closer look.
Visit the Jurong East Swimming Complex and Water Park. This huge outdoor water park is packed with fun activities, including wave pools and water slides. If you have kids, make sure to take them to the Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle. These workshops and classes allow children to learn the art of pottery and can be a great way to make friends. The whole family will enjoy the Jurong Sports Complex.
If you’re looking for an activity to do with your family, try the Jurong Eco-Garden, a 240-acre nature reserve that features a butterfly garden with over 20 different species. If you’re looking for more fun, you can take them to Jurong Bird Park, a 3.5-hectare public aquatic facility featuring three water slides, a lazy river, a Jacuzzi, and a butterfly maze.
If you’re looking for something to do with your kids in Jurong East, consider going to the Singapore Science Centre. This exhibit combines education and fun, with several interactive exhibits and demonstrations. While you’re in the area, don’t miss a visit to the Discovery Centre and Science Centre, which are both located on Upper Jurong Road. If you’re feeling cold, remember to pack a few layers of warm clothes.
If you’re looking for fun, you can head to the Singapore Science Centre. This attraction has a great mix of education and fun. Throughout the day, you’ll find a variety of exhibits and demonstrations that are aimed at educating children about science. The museum is free to visit, and is located within the Jurong Eco-Garden. If you’re looking for things to do in Jurong East – it’s easy to see why it’s a popular destination.
A great way to spend the day is to visit the Jurong Eco-Garden. Its lush greenery is a perfect setting for families to enjoy. There are many activities to do in this garden, including fishing, sailing, and kayaking. The Jurong Lakeside Garden is open 24 hours, and has a giant wave pool. The Water Park is open for swimming. You can also visit the nearby Snow City.
Best Places to stay in Jurong East Singapore
- Genting Hotel Jurong: Located within Jurong East, this hotel provides comfortable accommodations with easy access to nearby attractions like JCube, Westgate, and the Jurong East MRT station.
- ibis Singapore Jurong East: Situated in the International Business Park area, this budget-friendly hotel offers modern rooms and is within walking distance to various offices and businesses.
- Novotel Singapore Jurong: Also located in the International Business Park, Novotel Singapore Jurong offers contemporary rooms and amenities, suitable for both business and leisure travelers.
- Genting Hotel Jurong (formerly known as Jurong Gateway Hotel): This hotel is part of the JTC Summit, a modern commercial complex in Jurong East. It provides easy access to the Jurong East MRT station and nearby shopping and dining options.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore: While not directly in Jurong East, this luxury hotel is nearby and offers elegant accommodations and stunning views of Marina Bay and the city skyline.
- Park Hotel Alexandra: Situated in the Queenstown area, Park Hotel Alexandra is a short commute from Jurong East and offers stylish rooms and facilities.
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium: This hotel is located in the nearby River Valley area, providing comfortable accommodations and easy access to various parts of Singapore.
Since Jurong East is primarily a commercial and residential area, the accommodation options within the neighborhood are limited. However, the nearby International Business Park and River Valley areas, as well as the Queenstown area, offer a wider range of hotels with various amenities. These locations are also well-connected to Jurong East via public transportation, making it easy to access the neighborhood and explore other parts of Singapore. As always, it’s a good idea to check for the latest options and reviews when planning your stay in Jurong East, Singapore.
Best Restaurants in Jurong East
The food scene in Jurong East, a vibrant district in the west of Singapore, is varied and exciting. The area is home to many different types of restaurants, cafés, and bars. Whether you’re craving a local delicacy, or fancy food for special occasions, Jurong is the place to go. Listed below are just a few of the most popular restaurants in Jurong.
Miam Restaurant – This popular French Cafe serves up fusions of Japanese and French cuisines. Using fresh ingredients, the chef introduces the best of both cuisines. The price is affordable, making it an excellent choice for the budget-conscious tourist. For a truly authentic Korean experience, head to Miam Restaurant in Jurong East. It’s a great place to meet foodies and enjoy an evening out.
Beng Hiang Restaurant – Located in the same building as Chicken Up, Beng Hiang serves Hokkien-style dishes in a casual, modern setting. Burger Monster – A Korean burger joint that follows a fast food concept, Burger Monster is another must-visit. Diners collect their meals and utensils from the pickup point, so they can enjoy their meal without wasting time.
Masizzim Restaurant – With its prime location, Masizzim is one of the most popular restaurants in Jurong East. It’s popular with tourists and locals alike, and offers mouth-watering Korean dishes. Seating is very limited here, so make sure to reserve a table early. Guests can also benefit from the reasonable prices and friendly service. If you’re looking for an affordable dinner in Jurong, you may want to try Masizzim.
The food scene in Jurong is very diverse. It’s not just the Korean cuisine that is popular here. You’ll also find plenty of eateries and coffee shops in Jurong. While many of the best restaurants in Jurong are Chinese, you’ll find something you’ll love at one of the stalls in the area. If you’re looking for a Western restaurant in Jurong, The Carving Board is the place to go. With affordable Western food and beers on tap, you’ll have a great time in this region.
In Jurong, the Masizzim Restaurant is a popular Korean restaurant. It has a prime location and is popular with foodies from all over the world. The seating arrangement in the restaurant is comfortable, and the prices are reasonable. If you’re a foodie, you’ll probably enjoy this place! The location is also an asset for this restaurant. Its low prices and laidback atmosphere make it a great option for a romantic date night.
If you’re looking for a burger in Jurong, there are some other options to consider. The JCube is close to the restaurant, but it also has some excellent options in this part of town. Besides that, you can visit the Surrey Hills Grocer, which is named after the inner-city neighbourhood of Surry Hills in Sydney.
10 interesting facts about Jurong East Singapore
- Regional Centre: Jurong East is one of Singapore’s designated regional centers, making it a major commercial and business hub in the western part of the island.
- Jurong Lake District: Jurong East is part of the Jurong Lake District, Singapore’s second Central Business District (CBD). It includes Jurong Lake Gardens, commercial developments, and residential areas.
- JCube: JCube is a popular shopping mall in Jurong East, featuring an Olympic-sized ice-skating rink, movie theaters, and a wide range of retail and dining options.
- Westgate: Adjacent to JCube, Westgate is another prominent shopping mall in Jurong East, offering a variety of fashion, lifestyle, and dining outlets.
- Big Box: Big Box is a massive warehouse-style shopping complex known for its wholesale offerings and unique retail concepts. It’s one of the largest standalone retail buildings in Singapore.
- Science Centre Singapore: Located in Jurong East, the Science Centre Singapore is a family-friendly attraction with interactive exhibits, planetarium shows, and educational programs.
- Jurong East Swimming Complex: The Jurong East Swimming Complex is a popular spot for swimming enthusiasts. It features an Olympic-sized pool, a wave pool, and water slides.
- Ng Teng Fong General Hospital: Named after a prominent local philanthropist, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital is a modern healthcare facility in Jurong East, providing medical services to the community.
- Jurong East MRT Interchange: Jurong East is a major transportation hub, featuring an MRT interchange connecting the East-West Line and North-South Line, making it a convenient and well-connected area.
- International Business Park: Jurong East is home to the International Business Park, housing numerous multinational companies and businesses.
Jurong East has seen significant development over the years and continues to grow, offering residents and visitors a wide array of amenities, recreational activities, and employment opportunities. Its strategic location and vibrant offerings make it an essential part of Singapore’s urban landscape.