If you are looking for a town with many attractions, then you have come to the right place. Here, you’ll find things to do in Newton – Singapore. Located in the Central Region of Singapore, Newton is bounded by the Orchard and Museum to the south, Tanglin to the west, Kallang to the northeast, and Rochor to the east. Whether you’re looking for a quieter environment or a buzzing nightlife scene, there’s something for you.
The town has something for every kind of traveler. From a variety of delicious restaurants to an exciting nightlife scene, there’s something for everyone in Newton. Visitors to the town will find a great range of things to do in Newton. If you’re traveling with kids, the children will be thrilled to have a water park close to home. The town’s public swimming complex is large and open to the public. Nearby, you’ll find one of the most popular water parks in Singapore, called Wet Wild.
There are plenty of places to eat in Newton if you’re looking for a unique dining experience. The area is also home to a hawker centre Newton Circus, which is famous for its seafood stalls. While the hawker centres here are relatively sparse, the landed houses and condominium apartments provide communal security and amenities. These properties are a great option for those who enjoy the company of friends and family.
When it comes to food, Newton is a great choice. You’ll find a wide selection of restaurants, from Indian to Chinese, and everything in between. You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to food in Newton. From hawker markets to local street food, there are a variety of options for dining and drinking in the neighborhood. You can also try a range of cuisines at the famous Chui Huay Lim Teochew Cuisine restaurant in the town.
The town’s public swimming complex is huge, and offers several different options for water sports. The nearby water theme park, Wet Wild, is a great place to take the kids and enjoy a day at the beach. If you have kids, you’ll want to check out the Wet Wild. These attractions are popular for families with children and are a must-see for all locals.
After you’ve seen the sights and heard the history of the town, you can try a wide variety of delicious dishes. The locals love the food here and the food court has over 100 stalls for you to choose from. Aside from fresh seafood, they also love a good cup of coffee. During their visit to Newton, there are many things to do in the area. While you’re here, you’ll also find several places to shop for souvenirs and indulge in some fine dining.
While you’re in Newton, you can sample the local cuisine. The city offers a variety of delicious and affordable food. There are some great places to dine in Newton. Those looking for a unique dining experience should visit Song of India and Indocafe. The latter offers a unique and memorable dining experience. Then, there are also places to visit for a post-dinner drink. The town also has an extensive selection of wine and craft beers.
Best Places to Stay in Newton
- Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore: While not directly in Newton, this modern hotel is located in the nearby Orchard Road shopping district. It offers comfortable rooms and easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- The Quincy Hotel: Situated in the Orchard area, The Quincy Hotel is a boutique hotel known for its stylish design and excellent amenities. It’s a short distance from Newton and provides a peaceful and comfortable stay.
- Novotel Singapore on Stevens: This contemporary hotel is located along Stevens Road and offers modern rooms and facilities. It’s a short commute from Newton and provides easy access to various parts of Singapore.
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore: Located along Orchard Road, Shangri-La Hotel Singapore is a luxurious option with lush gardens and a tranquil ambiance. It’s a bit further from Newton but provides an upscale stay.
- Grand Hyatt Singapore: Positioned near Orchard Road, Grand Hyatt Singapore is a five-star hotel offering luxurious accommodations and excellent dining options.
- Ibis Singapore Novena: Situated in the Novena area, this budget-friendly hotel provides comfortable rooms and convenient access to Newton and other parts of Singapore via public transportation.
- Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore: Also located in Novena, this modern hotel offers a peaceful and comfortable stay and is well-connected to various parts of Singapore, including Newton.
While Newton itself may not have as many hotels, its proximity to the Orchard Road shopping district and Novena area offers a wide range of accommodation choices. The Orchard Road area is known for its shopping, dining, and entertainment options, making it a popular destination for tourists. Novena, on the other hand, is a bustling district with a mix of commercial and residential properties, offering a more local experience. Both areas provide easy access to Newton and other attractions in Singapore via public transportation. As always, it’s a good idea to check reviews and compare prices when selecting the best place to stay for your needs and preferences.
Best Restaurants in Newton
If you’re looking for a place to dine in Singapore, Newton is the place to go. This central district is a popular destination for tourists from around the world, and the best restaurants in the area offer a variety of cuisines and comfortable ambiances. In addition, you’ll find some of the best Peranakan cuisine in Singapore, which is not commonly found elsewhere in the country. Here, you can sample Peranakan food in a family-friendly setting.
In addition to serving delicious dishes, Newton is also home to some of the country’s most famous food stalls. The Newton Food Centre, featured in the Crazy Rich Asians movie, is a popular destination for adventurous travelers. A quick trip to the city’s restaurants will provide you with a taste of the local cuisine. You can find an excellent selection of restaurants here, including a number of hawker stalls.
You can also visit the nearby Alliance Francaise de Singapour, a cultural hub that houses an art gallery and theater. It is also a great place for a meal. While you’re in Newton, you can dine at the Alliance Francaise de Singapour’s café. The restaurant also hosts a French film festival, which takes place every year. You can even dine at the francaise de Singapour’s popular hawker centre.
In the morning, try satay. This Singaporean classic is especially tasty when served with fresh fruit. Several satay stalls in the Newton Food Centre are available for your pleasure. The charred meat has an intoxicating aroma that makes it an ideal snack. The chunky peanut sauce makes the dish a delicious choice. This restaurant is also a popular destination for those seeking a light lunch.
For the best Chinese cuisine, try 31 Heng Heng BBQ in Newton, Singapore. This Chinese restaurant, opened in 2011, has a Michelin star and is a top spot for Chinese cuisine in Singapore. It seats up to 25 diners at a time and offers an eight-course degustation menu. In addition to the hawker centres, there is also a cafe and a bar in the area.
10 interesting facts about Newton Singapore
- Newton is a neighborhood located in the central region of Singapore. It is known for its upscale residential properties and shopping districts.
- Newton is home to a number of landmarks and attractions, including the Newton Food Centre, which is a popular destination for local and international cuisine.
- The neighborhood is located near several major transportation hubs, including the Newton MRT Station and the Pan Island Expressway.
- Newton is home to a number of educational institutions, including the Anglo-Chinese School (Junior) and the Singapore Chinese Girls’ School.
- The neighborhood is home to a number of parks and green spaces, including the Newton Nature Park and the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.
- Newton is known for its diverse shopping options, including the Newton Circus Flea Market and the Balmoral Plaza shopping center.
- The neighborhood is home to several religious institutions, including the Newton Life Church and the Masjid Al-Istighfar.
- The neighborhood is located near several major healthcare facilities, including the Singapore General Hospital and the Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Newton is home to a number of embassies and consulates, including the Embassy of Japan and the Consulate-General of the United States.
- The neighborhood is known for its tree-lined streets and colonial-style architecture, including the Newton Circus roundabout, which is a popular tourist destination.