Asok is a vibrant district in Bangkok that is known for its lively atmosphere, world-class shopping, and bustling nightlife. Located in the heart of the city, Asok is a must-visit destination for anyone who wants to experience the best of what Bangkok has to offer. In this article, we will explore the top tourist sites, the best street food and food courts, the best restaurants, the best places to stay, and the best shopping centers and markets in Asok.
Main Tourist Sites
Asok is home to several popular tourist sites that are worth visiting. The first on the list is Terminal 21, a shopping mall that is designed to look like an airport terminal. Each floor of the mall is themed after a different country, complete with decorations, food, and clothing from that country. It is a great place to shop, eat, and relax.
Another popular tourist site in Asok is the Erawan Shrine, a Hindu shrine that is located at the Grand Hyatt Erawan hotel. The shrine is a popular place of worship for locals and tourists alike and is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings.
Benjakitti Park is also a must-visit attraction in Asok. The park is a popular spot for locals to exercise and relax, with jogging trails, bike paths, and a large lake. It is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy some fresh air.
Lastly, the Embassy of Argentina is another tourist site that is worth visiting. The building is designed in a modern and contemporary style and is a great example of the country’s architectural heritage.
Best Street Food and Food Courts
Asok is famous for its street food and food courts, which offer a wide variety of delicious and affordable local dishes. The first on the list is Soi 19 Food Court, which is located near the Asok BTS station. The food court is known for its famous Tom Yum Goong, which is a spicy and sour soup with shrimp.
Another popular street food market in Asok is Sukhumvit Soi 38 Street Food Market. The market is known for its seafood dishes, including crab and lobster, as well as its popular Pad Thai noodles.
Soi Cowboy Night Market is also a popular spot for street food in Asok. The market is located in the heart of the district and is known for its grilled meats, seafood, and fresh fruit.
Lastly, the Terminal 21 Food Court is a must-visit destination for anyone who wants to try local Thai dishes. The food court offers a wide variety of dishes from all regions of Thailand and is a great place to sample local cuisine.
Asok is home to several award-winning restaurants that offer a unique dining experience. The first on the list is Cabbages & Condoms, a popular restaurant that is known for its creative dishes and social message. The restaurant is run by a charity organization that promotes safe sex and family planning.
Another popular restaurant in Asok is Greyhound Café, which offers a fusion of Thai and Western cuisine. The restaurant is known for its modern décor and lively atmosphere.
The Local by Oamthong Thai Cuisine is also a great place to try local Thai dishes. The restaurant is located in a beautiful garden setting and offers a wide variety of traditional Thai dishes.
Lastly, Bo.lan is a Michelin-starred restaurant that is known for its innovative take on traditional Thai cuisine. The restaurant uses fresh, organic ingredients and offers a unique and memorable dining experience.
Best Places to Stay
Asok is home to several high-end hotels and resorts that offer a luxurious and comfortable stay.
The first on the list is The Continent Hotel Bangkok, which is located just a few minutes’ walk from the Asok BTS station. The hotel offers modern rooms and suites with stunning views of the city skyline, as well as a rooftop pool, fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
Another popular hotel in Asok is the Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit, which offers luxurious rooms and suites with modern amenities. The hotel also has a rooftop pool, fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
The Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 is another great place to stay in Asok. The hotel is connected to the Terminal 21 shopping mall and offers spacious rooms and suites with stunning views of the city.
Lastly, the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is a luxurious hotel that is known for its elegant rooms and suites, as well as its world-class restaurants and bars. The hotel also has a rooftop pool and fitness center, and is located just a few minutes’ walk from the Asok BTS station.
Best Shopping Centres and Markets
Asok is home to several world-class shopping centers and markets that offer a wide variety of goods and souvenirs. The first on the list is Terminal 21, which is one of the most popular shopping malls in Bangkok. The mall is designed to look like an airport terminal, with each floor themed after a different country.
Another popular shopping center in Asok is the Emporium, which offers a wide variety of high-end luxury brands and designer labels. The mall also has a cinema, fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
The Asok Weekend Market is also a popular spot for shopping in Asok. The market is open on Saturdays and Sundays and offers a wide variety of goods and souvenirs, including clothing, accessories, and food.
Lastly, the Sukhumvit Soi 11 Night Market is a great place to shop for souvenirs and gifts. The market is located just a few minutes’ walk from the Asok BTS station and offers a wide variety of clothing, accessories, and handicrafts.
10 interesting facts about Asok
- Asok is located in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok, which is known for its upscale lifestyle, vibrant nightlife, and diverse dining options.
- Asok is a major transportation hub in Bangkok, with the Asok BTS Skytrain station and the Sukhumvit MRT station located in the area, making it a convenient location for exploring the city.
- Asok is known for its shopping scene, with popular malls like Terminal 21 offering a wide range of international and local brands, as well as unique themed shopping experiences.
- Asok is famous for its street food, with numerous vendors offering delicious local dishes such as pad Thai, som tum (papaya salad), and mango with sticky rice, among others.
- Asok is home to a diverse range of international and Thai restaurants, ranging from upscale fine dining establishments to casual eateries, offering a variety of cuisines to cater to different tastes.
- Asok is known for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars, clubs, and entertainment venues offering a lively atmosphere for locals and tourists alike.
- Asok is a popular area for expats and foreigners, with a large expat community living and working in the area, resulting in a diverse cultural mix and international influences.
- Asok is surrounded by many hotels and accommodations, ranging from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious hotels, catering to different types of travelers.
- Asok is also known for its cultural attractions, such as the Benjasiri Park, which offers a green oasis in the midst of the urban landscape, and the Kamthieng House Museum, showcasing traditional Thai architecture and cultural artifacts.
- Asok is well-connected to other parts of Bangkok, making it a convenient base for exploring the city’s attractions, including nearby areas such as Nana, Phrom Phong, and Ekkamai.
Asok is a vibrant and exciting district in Bangkok that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for world-class shopping, delicious street food, or luxurious accommodations, Asok has it all. With its popular tourist sites, award-winning restaurants, and high-end hotels, Asok is a must-visit destination for anyone who wants to experience the best of what Bangkok has to offer.