On Nut is a bustling neighborhood in Bangkok that has plenty to offer visitors. From traditional markets and street food to modern shopping centers and luxurious hotels, On Nut has something for everyone. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best things to do and places to visit in the local area.
Main Tourist Sites
- Wat Mahabut
Wat Mahabut is a beautiful Buddhist temple located in the heart of On Nut. The temple features a striking golden chedi (stupa) and an ornate prayer hall. Visitors can admire the intricate carvings and decorations and learn about Buddhist culture and traditions.
- Sukhumvit Gallery
The Sukhumvit Gallery is a contemporary art space that showcases works by emerging Thai artists. The gallery features a range of mediums, from painting and sculpture to video and installation art. Visitors can appreciate the vibrant and diverse art scene in Bangkok and support local artists.
Best Street Food and Food Courts
- On Nut Night Market
On Nut Night Market is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. The market features dozens of food stalls serving up a range of Thai and international dishes. Visitors can sample everything from grilled meats and seafood to noodle soups and fried snacks. The market also has live music and entertainment, creating a lively atmosphere.
- Habito Mall Food Court
Habito Mall is a trendy shopping center located near On Nut BTS station. The food court features a range of vendors serving up authentic Thai dishes, as well as international options like burgers and pizza. The food court has a laid-back vibe and is a great spot for a casual meal or snack.
- Baan Mae Yui
Baan Mae Yui is a cozy Thai restaurant located near On Nut BTS station. The restaurant specializes in homestyle Thai dishes, using fresh ingredients and traditional techniques. The menu features classic dishes like pad Thai and green curry, as well as regional specialties like khao soi (northern-style curry noodle soup).
- Nuer Koo
Nuer Koo is a popular steakhouse located in the Habito Mall. The restaurant serves high-quality beef from Australia and Japan, cooked to perfection on a charcoal grill. The restaurant also has a range of sides and sauces to complement the meat, as well as a selection of wines and cocktails.
- Laem Charoen Seafood
Laem Charoen Seafood is a well-known seafood restaurant chain in Bangkok, with a branch located near On Nut. The restaurant offers a range of fresh seafood, from prawns and crabs to fish and shellfish. The dishes are prepared with simple yet flavorful seasonings, allowing the natural flavors of the seafood to shine through.
Best Places to Stay
- OYO 696 Bua House
OYO 696 Bua House is a budget-friendly hotel located in the heart of On Nut. The hotel features clean and comfortable rooms with basic amenities like air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. The hotel is a great option for travelers on a budget who want to stay in the heart of the neighborhood.
- S Box Sukhumvit Hotel
S Box Sukhumvit Hotel is a stylish hotel located near On Nut BTS station. The hotel features modern rooms with colorful decor and amenities like flat-screen TVs and mini-fridges. The hotel also has a rooftop pool and bar, a restaurant, and a fitness center.
- On Nut Market
On Nut Market is a traditional Thai market located near On Nut BTS station. The market features a range of stalls selling fresh produce, meats, and seafood, as well as clothing and accessories. Visitors can immerse
themselves in the lively atmosphere and experience the authentic local culture.
- W District
W District is a trendy outdoor shopping and dining complex located near On Nut. The complex features a range of vendors selling clothing, accessories, and souvenirs, as well as food stalls and restaurants serving up a variety of dishes. Visitors can enjoy live music and entertainment and soak up the vibrant atmosphere.
10 interesting facts about On Nut
- The name “On Nut” means “banyan tree pier” in Thai, referring to a pier that used to be located in the area near a large banyan tree.
- On Nut is located on Sukhumvit Road, one of the main thoroughfares in Bangkok that runs from the city centre all the way to the eastern suburbs.
- On Nut BTS station is one of the busiest stations on the Sukhumvit line, serving thousands of commuters and tourists every day.
- On Nut is home to the Wat Mahabut temple, which houses a large golden chedi (stupa) and a unique sculpture garden featuring colorful, whimsical statues.
- The On Nut Night Market is a popular destination for locals and tourists looking to sample a variety of Thai street food and shop for souvenirs and gifts.
- Habito Mall, located near On Nut BTS station, is a trendy shopping and dining complex that features a food court, restaurants, and boutiques.
- On Nut is a diverse neighborhood with a mix of residential areas, commercial areas, and green spaces like parks and canals.
- The Sukhumvit Gallery, located in On Nut, showcases works by emerging Thai artists and promotes contemporary art and culture.
- On Nut is also home to a number of international schools and universities, making it a popular destination for expats and foreign students.
- The On Nut area has seen significant development and growth in recent years, with new high-rise condominiums, shopping centers, and entertainment venues popping up all around.
On Nut is a diverse and dynamic neighborhood in Bangkok that has plenty to offer visitors. From cultural landmarks and traditional markets to modern shopping centers and upscale hotels, there’s something for everyone in On Nut. Whether you’re a foodie, an art lover, or a shopaholic, On Nut is sure to delight and surprise you.