Brickell is a neighborhood in Miami, Florida, located just south of the Miami River. It is a major financial district and is home to many high-rise office and residential buildings. Brickell is known for its nightlife and dining scene, as well as its proximity to the Miami waterfront. It is situated just east of Downtown Miami and is considered one of the most vibrant and exciting neighborhoods in the city.
The best things to do in Brickell City include:
- go shopping in Brickell City Centre
- take a walk along Brickell Key
- admire the view from the 40th story and grab a drink at Sugar
When visiting Brickell one of the best places to go to is the Brickell Key. This is a small manmade island that is located right off the coast of the mainland. A person can go sightseeing or they can take some time and relax at one of the smaller beaches. At night a person can see the Brickell neighborhood light up and the skyline is something spectacular to look at from this smaller island.
History of Brickell
Brickell is a neighborhood located in the heart of Miami, Florida. The neighborhood is known for its high-end luxury hotels, swanky restaurants, and trendy bars that cater to the diverse crowd of locals and tourists who frequent the area. The history of Brickell is rich and varied, and includes several key events that shaped the neighborhood into what it is today. In this article, we’ll take a look at the history of Brickell, including a timeline of key events.
The history of Brickell dates back to the 19th century when the area was primarily occupied by Tequesta Native Americans. In the mid-1800s, William and Mary Brickell arrived in Miami and began to purchase large portions of land in the area. They established a homestead on the Miami River and began farming and cultivating the land. The Brickells quickly became prominent members of the community and played a significant role in the development of the area.
In the 1890s, Miami experienced a population boom, and the Brickells decided to develop their land into a residential neighborhood. They established the Brickell Development Company and began selling plots of land to developers and investors. The Brickells also built several homes in the area, including their own mansion, which still stands today and is now a museum.
During the 1920s, Brickell experienced another boom, this time in the form of high-rise buildings and commercial development. The area became a hub for banking and finance, and several iconic buildings were constructed during this time, including the Miami Tower, formerly known as the Bank of America Tower. The boom was short-lived, however, and the Great Depression hit the area hard, causing a downturn in the economy.
The 1960s and 1970s saw a resurgence in development in Brickell, with the construction of several new high-rise buildings and the expansion of the financial district. The area also became a popular destination for tourists, with the opening of several luxury hotels, including the Hyatt Regency and the Four Seasons. During this time, the Brickell Avenue Bridge was also constructed, connecting Brickell to Key Biscayne.
In the early 2000s, Brickell once again experienced a boom in development, with the construction of several new luxury residential buildings and the expansion of the dining and entertainment options in the area. The Brickell City Centre, a massive mixed-use development, was also constructed during this time, becoming a hub for shopping and entertainment.
Today, Brickell is a vibrant and bustling neighborhood that continues to attract residents and visitors from all over the world. The neighborhood is known for its luxury high-rise buildings, high-end dining options, and lively nightlife scene, making it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Miami.
- 1800s: Tequesta Native Americans occupy the area
- Mid-1800s: William and Mary Brickell arrive in Miami and begin to purchase large portions of land
- 1890s: The Brickells establish the Brickell Development Company and begin selling plots of land for development
- 1920s: Brickell experiences a boom in high-rise buildings and commercial development
- 1960s-1970s: Brickell experiences another resurgence in development and becomes a popular destination for tourists
- Early 2000s: Brickell experiences a boom in development, with the construction of several new luxury residential buildings and the Brickell City Centre
In conclusion, the history of Brickell is a rich and varied one, with several key events that shaped the neighborhood into what it is today. From the arrival of the Brickell family in the mid-1800s to the construction
Best Part About the City
The best part about Brickell is that it still has all of the fun and excitement that Miami has to offer but more people live in the area than the tourist. This city still offers the beaches and the nightlife that people think of when they are visiting Miami. There are some great beaches and some great bars that entertain. It is like being on vacation while still being at home.
Best Walk in Brickell
Simpson Park Hammock is the best place to talk a stroll in this part of the city. This is a park that is located between the big buildings in the middle of the city. It offers so peace from all of the rushings around.
It does not cost anything to enter this park. There are plenty of trees that provide shade from the hot sun. There are even some peaceful places to stop and take a rest. While walking is a low impact it is still nice to enjoy some of the nature scenes in the middle of a busy city.
Our Favourite 5 Hotels in Brickell
Here are our favourite hotels in Brickell Miami. Please click the links to get more information and reviews for these hotels on TripAdvisor.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown is a boutique style hotel with a modern design. Within a 3 block area from the hotel you will find 30 of the best restaurants in Miami. The hotel is situated very close to the financial centre of Miami.
- Novotel Miami Brickell is a hotel in the centre of Miami. It has an excellent rooftop pool and a convenient central location.
- Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area won the 2021 TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award for Miami. The hotel is a family friendly and features features 24 hour front desk, room service, and a concierge.
- Conrad Miami is a newly renovated Conrad Miami offers the ultimate in luxury accommodations, a serene rooftop pool, sprawling vistas of the bay, and easy access to elegant entertainment and dining.
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami is another winner of TripAdvisor 2021 Travellers Choice Award. The hotel has a waterfront location, it features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites – offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include our Peruvian waterfront restaurant La Mar.
There are some great places to grab a bite to eat in this town.
This is one of the best restaurants in all of Miami. A person can get a taste of food that is Peruvian. There are local dishes prepared as well. This restaurant has plenty of fresh seafood that is caught that day and they are all seasoned well. A person will not get a bland dish at this place. The food is good and there is a waterfront view. The establishment is on Brickell Key and a person can take the bridge from the main area of Brickell to reach this place. The view is great at sunset.
This is a French fusion restaurant and the food is tasty but many people go there for the show. After the dinner is served during the Soiree the lights are lowered and the tables become an area for dancing. There are maniacs with sparklers that come out and put on a show complete with desserts that tare lite on fire and presented to the guest. This place performs with dinner and this keeps people coming back.
Located in the heart of Brickell, Cipriani is an upscale Italian restaurant that is known for its delicious pasta dishes and other classic Italian fare. The restaurant has a chic, modern atmosphere and is a popular spot for business lunches and romantic dinners.
This trendy Japanese restaurant is located in the Epic Hotel in Brickell and is known for its high-end sushi and other Japanese specialties. The restaurant has a sleek, modern design and offers both indoor and outdoor seating.
Best Music and Festivals
Like the rest of Miami, this town is known for some great music and some great and entertaining festivals.
Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts
This center was designed by one of the best-known architects in the world Cesar Pelli. Some great plays are put on here. Some classic music acts perform here including the Roots and the Beach Boys. Patti LaBelle even made a guest performance at times. This hall is also home to Broadway plays when they come into the town. This is great for a person that wants to see a show and enjoy some of the best musical performances in town.
FPL Solar Amphitheater
This is home to many outdoor concerts. There is the skyline that a person can see when they attend events here. It is the home to the Ultra Music Festival where there are many pieces of music performs that hit the main stage. There are seats but there is a large open grass area that will fill up fast. Some big-name artists have also been known to perform here.
Brickell Food & Wine Festival
The Miami Taste of Brickell Food & Wine Festival was created in 2010 by an organized group of local restaurateur’s and the Brickell Community Associations.
The idea was to offer an annual community outreach event which would be a signature Fine Food & Wine Festival for the Brickell and Downtown Miami area, to promote the local restaurant industry. Our goal is to promote the area as a tourist destination offering the finest dining establishments, shopping and 5 Star Hotels and events and festivals.
Brickell, located in the heart of Miami, is one of the most vibrant and exciting neighborhoods in the city. It is a bustling financial district during the day, and a lively party hub at night. Brickell is known for its high-end luxury hotels, swanky restaurants, and trendy bars that cater to the diverse crowd of locals and tourists who frequent the area.
The nightlife in Brickell is nothing short of amazing, with an endless array of bars and clubs that cater to all types of party-goers. Here are some of the best nightlife and bars in Brickell, Florida:
- Blackbird Ordinary Blackbird Ordinary is a popular neighborhood bar located in the heart of Brickell. This laid-back bar features a rustic interior with wooden tables and a large outdoor patio area. The bar has an extensive selection of craft beers, wines, and spirits, along with delicious cocktails that are sure to impress. Blackbird Ordinary also hosts live music events and DJs throughout the week, making it the perfect spot for a night out with friends.
- El Tucán For those looking for a more upscale experience, El Tucán is the perfect destination. This Cuban-inspired club and restaurant features a glamorous atmosphere, with dim lighting and elegant décor. The venue hosts live music performances every night, ranging from Latin jazz to contemporary pop. El Tucán also offers a selection of premium cocktails and delicious small plates, making it an ideal spot for a night out with a date or a group of friends.
- Komodo Lounge Komodo Lounge is one of the hottest spots in Brickell, offering a unique and luxurious experience for party-goers. The lounge is located on the second floor of the Komodo restaurant, and features a sleek and stylish décor, with plush seating and stunning views of the city. The lounge serves a selection of signature cocktails, premium spirits, and delicious Asian-inspired small plates, making it a great spot for a night out with friends or a romantic date.
- Casa Florida Casa Florida is a trendy bar and lounge that offers a unique and eclectic experience for party-goers. The bar features a lush and vibrant interior, with hanging plants and colorful artwork adorning the walls. Casa Florida offers a selection of creative cocktails and small plates, along with regular live music performances and DJs. The venue also hosts various themed nights, such as a weekly salsa night, making it a great destination for anyone looking for a lively and fun night out.
- RedBar Brickell RedBar Brickell is a popular lounge located in the heart of the financial district. The venue features a chic and sophisticated atmosphere, with plush seating and dim lighting. RedBar offers a selection of premium wines, beers, and spirits, along with delicious cocktails and small plates. The venue also hosts regular live music events and DJs, making it a great spot for a night out with friends or a date.
- Sugar Sugar is a rooftop bar located on the 40th floor of the EAST hotel, offering stunning views of the Miami skyline. The bar features a chic and stylish décor, with a lush garden atmosphere and Asian-inspired accents. Sugar offers a selection of signature cocktails, premium spirits, and small plates, making it a great spot for a romantic date or a night out with friends. The venue also hosts regular live music events and DJs, making it a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a unique and unforgettable night out.
In conclusion, Brickell is a vibrant and exciting neighborhood that offers an endless array of nightlife and bar options for party-goers. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back neighborhood bar or an upscale lounge with a glamorous atmosphere, Brickell has it all. With its lively and diverse scene, it’s no wonder why Brickell is considered one of the best destinations
Best Day Trip Out of the City
A day trip outside of the city will take a person to the Everglades National Park. They will be able to see the wildlife and even some dolphins on this boat trip. As they continue on the trip there will be an alligator in the rivers and there will be plenty of native vegetation. This is a relaxing day out of the busy city. A person can even relax and enjoy a picnic lunch in one of the historic landing and trading posts.
South Beach, also known as SoBe, is a neighborhood located in the city of Miami Beach, Florida. It is situated on the eastern side of the city, along the Atlantic Ocean. It is known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and Art Deco architecture. The neighborhood is bounded by 6th Street to the south, Indian Creek to the north, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. It is a popular tourist destination and is easily accessible from Miami International Airport, which is located just a few miles to the west.
Things Travelers Do Not Know About Brickell
While this part of Miami is busy and there are many skyscrapers around it still has more of a down-home feel. The people here enjoy the luxuries of the city while feeling like they are part of a community.
10 interesting facts about Brickell Miami
- Brickell is a neighborhood located in the city of Miami, Florida, in the United States. It is known for its skyscrapers and high-rise condominiums, as well as its vibrant nightlife and dining scene.
- Brickell is home to a number of major financial and business centers, including the Brickell Financial District, which is home to many of the city’s major banks and financial institutions.
- The neighborhood is known for its luxury real estate, with many of the high-rise buildings offering breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding waterways.
- Brickell is home to a number of parks and green spaces, including the Brickell Key Park and the Simpson Park Hammock.
- The neighborhood is home to a number of cultural attractions, including the Miami Circle, a 2,000-year-old Native American artifact that was discovered in the area in 1998.
- Brickell is located just south of Downtown Miami, and is easily accessible by car or public transportation. It is also home to the Metromover, a free elevated train system that connects the neighborhood to the rest of the city.
- Brickell is known for its diverse dining scene, with a range of international cuisines represented in the neighborhood’s many restaurants and cafes.
- The neighborhood is home to a number of shopping centres, including the Brickell City Centre, which features a mix of high-end retail stores and local boutiques.
- Brickell is home to a number of entertainment venues, including the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, which hosts a range of music, dance, and theatre performances.
- The neighborhood is home to a number of annual events and festivals, including the Brickell Food & Wine Festival, which celebrates the best of the city’s culinary scene.