Candidasa is a small town located on the eastern side of the island of Bali, Indonesia. It is situated in the Karangasem Regency, near the town of Amlapura. Candidasa is known for its beautiful beaches, temples, and nearby dive sites. It is a popular destination for tourists and offers a variety of accommodation options, from luxury resorts to budget hotels. This town is centred around the lively Jalan Raya Candida. There are plenty of activities to enjoy, including a boat tour, shopping, and relaxing. Read on for the best things to do in Candidasa. It’s a charming place where you can enjoy the natural beauty and relax with a refreshing drink.
If you’re a temple-goer, you’ll want to visit the Temple of the Three Kings. This ancient Hindu shrine is situated on a hillside opposite the lagoon. It features twin temples dedicated to Hariti and Shiva. The scenery is stunning, but it’s not a great place for a romantic getaway. While you’re here, take in the local culture and enjoy some shopping.
The town has plenty to offer visitors. A beautiful beach is the main attraction, with lots of restaurants, shops, and other tourist facilities. Don’t miss the Lotus lagoon, located right in the middle of town. This lagoon is a beautiful backdrop for your perfect vacation photo. The temple across the lake is also a great place to see. It features a statue of the fertility goddess Hariti and is a popular place of prayer for childless couples. The temple is located high up on stone stairs and offers breathtaking views.
For a more cultural experience, head to the surrounding Tenganan village. This remote, pre-Majapahit Balinese village is a must-see. The enchanting Tenganan hamlet is well-signposted and accessible by motorbike. You can also hike from the village to Tirta Gangga, another sacred site. After the temple, you can enjoy the sunset from a nearby cliff.
There are plenty of things to do in Candidasa Bali, and many of the main attractions are located close to the water. The city is a beautiful, central location on the island of Bali. There are many beautiful beaches and a number of hotels on the water. Its famous beachfront restaurant, Vincent’s, offers international cuisine and jazz nights each month. There are also many warungs for local food.
If you want to see a fuchsia lotus flower in the wild, go to the temple at Goa Lawah. This pristine temple is connected to the sacred volcano Gunung Agung. It’s home to thousands of bats, and is a must-see at sunset. A trip to this ancient site will surely leave you speechless. It is also worth the visit, if you’re into the arts.
Best Beaches in Candidasa
Candidasa is known for its beautiful beaches, which offer a variety of activities for visitors. Here are a few of the best beaches in the area:
- Pantai Pasir Putih: This beach is located about 10 minutes from Candidasa and is known for its white sand and crystal-clear water. It is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing, and there are also several warungs (local restaurants) along the beach where you can grab a bite to eat.
- Pantai Labuan Amok: This beach is located a short drive from Candidasa and is known for its crystal-clear water and beautiful coral reefs. It is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, and there are several dive centers located near the beach.
- Pantai Virgin: This is a secluded beach located a short drive from Candidasa. It is known for its white sand and clear water, and is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Pantai Perasi: This beach is located about 15 minutes from Candidasa and is known for its beautiful coral reefs and crystal-clear water. It is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, and there are several dive centers located near the beach.
- Pantai White Sand: This beach is located a short drive from Candidasa and is known for its white sand and clear water. It is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing, and there are several warungs located along the beach where you can grab a bite to eat.
Best Restaurants in Candidasa
Candidasa is a coastal town in the Karangasem Regency of Bali, Indonesia. It is located on the eastern coast of the island and is known for its beautiful beaches and diving spots. Here are five restaurants in Candidasa that you might be interested in:
- Warung Enak: This is a popular local restaurant that serves traditional Indonesian dishes. They have a wide selection of dishes to choose from, including grilled seafood, sate (meat skewers), and nasi goreng (fried rice).
- CasCades Restaurant: This restaurant is located at the Alila Manggis hotel and offers a mix of Indonesian and international cuisine. They have a beautiful outdoor seating area with views of the ocean and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Sari Organik: This is a popular organic restaurant that serves healthy, locally-sourced food. They have a variety of dishes to choose from, including salads, sandwiches, and smoothies.
- Warung Mak Beng: This is a small, family-run restaurant that serves traditional Indonesian dishes. They are known for their seafood dishes, including grilled fish and squid.
- Warung Bambu: This is a local restaurant that serves a variety of Indonesian and Chinese dishes. They are known for their tasty fried rice and noodles.
Best Hotels and Villas in Candidasa
For the most luxurious and relaxing experience, you should stay in one of the Best Hotels and Villas at Candidasa. Listed below are some of the best properties on the island. Listed in no particular order, they include: Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa, Ramayana Candidasa, Sagara Candidasa, and Alam Candi Dive Resort. Read our descriptions for more information and links will take you to TripAdvisor.
The luxurious, boutique-style interior of Sagara Candidasa Hotels and Villa features elegant furnishings and thoughtful details. The rooms are equipped with the modern conveniences needed for a modern lifestyle, including high-speed Internet. The two room categories include the Classic Room and the deluxe room. Both feature subtle colour schemes that celebrate the sophistication of Balinese design. Sagara Candidasa also offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property and an on-site spa.
The Sagara Candidasa Hotel & Villas features stunning seaside views of the Lombok Strait. The area is home to a rich marine ecosystem, making it a prime location for snorkeling, diving, and fishing. Traditional outrigger boats anchor off the beach here, serving mainly the tourism industry. Guests enjoy the scenic views from their oceanfront room. The Sagara Candidasa has a pool and free parking for guests.
Alam Candi Dive Resort
Located in the heart of Candidasa, the Alam Candi Dive Resort offers a variety of facilities and excellent service. Whether you’re looking for an all-inclusive resort or a quiet and relaxing retreat, Alam Candi Dive Resort has you covered. The property is just a 10-minute boat ride from the diving site of Gili Tepekong, and also offers free WiFi and parking. The property also features an outdoor pool and massage services.
The Alam Candi Dive Resort features an in-house nightclub, as well as 24-hour room service. Rooms include a bathtub or shower, hair dryer, and toiletries, as well as bottled water and slippers. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast and afternoon tea at the resort’s Dasa by the Sea restaurant. Guests can also enjoy a day on the beach while enjoying a massage at the resort’s on-site spa.
The Ramayana Hotels and Villas at Candidasa’s location is convenient for a range of activities. The hotel features a variety of dining options and has on-site dining facilities for your convenience. You can also take advantage of the on-site fitness centre and massage services. There is also a restaurant on site and a pool. If you’re feeling a bit more energetic, there’s a yoga room and a library.
Located in Candi Dasa, the Ramayana Candidasa features a swimming pool, free WiFi, and a lending library. The hotel is close to Candidasa Beach and the Tenganan Pegeringsingan Village Museum, which is 10 minutes’ drive away. The rooms feature modern Balinese decor, cable satellite TV, microwaves, and electric kettles. All of the rooms have balconies with stunning sea views and include a refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, and coffee/tea making facilities.
Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa
Located in the coastal town of Candidasa, the Bayshore Residence offers a wide range of accommodation options, separated by a lush tropical garden. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a plasma TV and AC. We also had access to the villa’s restaurant and bar. Guests are free to bring their pets. Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa is located 6 km from the Padangbai Pier. It is a convenient location for visiting Candidasa’s various tourist attractions, including Guungan Hill and Pura Dalem Desa Nyuhtebel.
Located on the east coast of Bali, Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa is close to the famous Perasi beach. Guests can also relax in their private swimming pools. In addition to its prime location on the coast, the villas also feature spa services and three kinds of swimming pools. The resort is perfect for romantic getaways, staycations with the family, and private beach weddings. Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa offers 33 air-conditioned rooms with refrigerators, satellite television, and cable programming. Other amenities include private gardens and terraces.
Puri Bagus Candidasa
Located in Karangasem, Indonesia, Puri Bagus Candidasa is a 4-star resort with free WiFi. This beachfront property is close to Pasir Putih Beach and Taman Ujung Water Palace. The hotel also offers a spa, massage, and a hot tub. Rooms at this 4-star property feature cable TV, minibars, and free toiletries. All accommodations feature balconies or patios, and some rooms feature views of the pool or beach.
Guests will enjoy the calming atmosphere of this oceanfront resort in Indonesia. With 48 spacious bungalows, a seafood grill, and a beachfront bar, this resort offers a relaxing and elegant retreat. The resort is family-friendly and offers flexible cancellation policies. Children are welcome, and the staff can help you plan a great vacation for everyone. Once you’ve booked your stay at Puri Bagus Candidasa, you’ll be ready to enjoy the sun, surf, and sand!
10 interesting facts about Candidasa Bali
- Coastal Gem: Candidasa is a charming coastal town located on the eastern coast of Bali, known for its laid-back atmosphere and picturesque beaches.
- Traditional Fishing Village: The town was originally a small fishing village, and traces of its traditional roots can still be seen in the local way of life and the presence of traditional fishing boats along the shore.
- Relaxing Atmosphere: Candidasa is often favored by travelers seeking a more relaxed and tranquil experience compared to the bustling tourist areas of southern Bali.
- Historical Significance: The town’s name, “Candidasa,” is derived from two Balinese words: “candi” meaning “temple” and “dasa” meaning “ten.” This refers to the ten temples that were historically located in the area.
- Water Palace: Tirta Gangga, a beautiful water palace and garden complex, is located near Candidasa. It features ornate pools, fountains, and lush greenery, making it a popular tourist attraction.
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling: Candidasa is a gateway to some fantastic underwater adventures. The waters around Candidasa offer opportunities for scuba diving and snorkeling, allowing visitors to explore vibrant coral reefs and marine life.
- Traditional Balinese Weaving: The town is known for its traditional Balinese weaving. Visitors can witness local women skillfully weaving intricate textiles using traditional techniques and designs.
- Gateway to Lombok: Candidasa is a starting point for those traveling to the nearby island of Lombok. Ferries depart from nearby Padang Bai, connecting Bali and Lombok.
- Historical Landmarks: Besakih Temple, often referred to as Bali’s “Mother Temple,” is not far from Candidasa. It’s the largest and most significant temple on the island, nestled on the slopes of Mount Agung.
- Cultural Celebrations: Candidasa offers a more intimate and authentic experience of Balinese cultural celebrations. Visitors might have the chance to witness traditional ceremonies, dances, and rituals.