Lovina is a coastal area located in the north of the island of Bali, Indonesia. It is known for its black sand beaches and dolphin-watching tours. Lovina is situated in the Buleleng Regency, a district in the northern part of Bali, and is about 110 km from the capital city of Denpasar.
The trail to Singsing Waterfall and the Dutch war monument are must-see attractions. Banjar Hot Springs is located just north of Lovina and feature warm pools and tropical gardens. The Brahmavihara-Arama Buddhist monastery is worth a visit if you want to get a closer look at Borobudur.
Dolphin watching is a popular activity in Lovina with kids. The tours depart early in the morning and you can watch the dolphins swim in their natural habitat. You can also enjoy a relaxing dip in a natural swimming pool and sunbathe on the beach. If you’re a beach lover, don’t miss the sunset over Lovina beach. If you’re looking for a quieter spot, you can visit Banyualit Beach, which is less crowded.
A relaxing swim in Lovina’s black sand beaches is a must. You’ll be amazed by the calm waters of the island’s mellow Bali Sea. Even if you’re traveling with young children, you’ll still enjoy your swim. Although it may be a little chilly, the water is warm and safe. You can even get a great bargain on handbags or sunglasses from local vendors.
You’ll love the beautiful vistas of the ocean in Lovina. With coral reefs and ornamental fish, it’s a must-see for underwater enthusiasts. Renting snorkeling equipment costs just Rp. 100,000 and can be done in any season. You can also take up fishing in Lovina. You can choose from shallow fishing or deep. Whether you want to try your hand at deep sea-fishing, there are many options for you to do here.
If you like to spend the night out, head to the Pashaa Lovina Bali Nightclub to dance the night away. The mellow waters in this part of Bali are perfect for younger swimmers. You can even swim with the whale sharks in nearby Tulamben. However, you must wait for the high tide to dive into the ocean. This is because the sea water is too shallow to dive there.
Among the many activities in Lovina, you can spend the day at the beach. Alternatively, you can go on a sunset cruise or go surfing. There are many options for activities and you’re bound to find the one that suits you best. If you’re not into water sports, you can relax at a spa. And, if you’re a nature lover, you should not miss the opportunity to see dolphins.
Best Beaches in Lovina
Of all the tourist destinations in Bali, Lovina is one of the lesser-known areas, but it’s worth exploring if you’re looking for a more laid-back and serene atmosphere. Located on Bali’s northern coast, Lovina offers a different vibe than the bustling south. Here are some of the best beaches in Lovina that you should definitely check out:
- Lovina Beach Of course, the main beach in Lovina is a must-visit. This black sand beach is long and wide, offering plenty of space to relax and enjoy the ocean views. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, making it a great place to spend the day.
- Gili Manuk Beach This secluded beach is located a bit further west of Lovina and is perfect for those who want to get away from the crowds. The beach is surrounded by lush greenery and features crystal-clear water perfect for swimming and snorkeling.
- Pemuteran Beach While not technically in Lovina, Pemuteran Beach is only about 45 minutes away and definitely worth the trip. The beach is known for its calm waters and stunning coral reefs, making it one of the best spots for diving and snorkeling on the island.
- Banjar Beach Located near the famous Banjar Hot Springs, this small beach is perfect for those looking for a more secluded spot. The beach is quiet and peaceful, with crystal-clear waters and plenty of shade provided by the surrounding trees.
- Banyualit Beach Another black sand beach, Banyualit is quieter than Lovina Beach and is perfect for those looking for a more peaceful atmosphere. The beach is lined with coconut palms and is a great spot to watch the sunset.
- Kaliasem Beach Located just east of Lovina, Kaliasem Beach is a great spot for surfing and swimming. The beach is quieter than Lovina Beach and is a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Bali.
- Bondalem Beach Bondalem is a small fishing village located a bit further east of Lovina. The beach here is quiet and peaceful, with crystal-clear water perfect for swimming and snorkeling. There are also a few restaurants and bars nearby, making it a great place to spend the day.
Best Restaurants in Lovina
During your stay in Lovina, Bali, be sure to try some of the local cuisine. If you love seafood, then the Warung Apple is definitely the place for you. The food here is very affordable and well-prepared, with plenty of choices for Indonesian and Balinese dishes. The bar here also serves some of the coldest beers in Lovina. While you’re dining here, be sure to enjoy the live music, too.
Lovina, located on Bali’s northern coast, is a popular destination for travelers seeking a more laid-back atmosphere than the bustling southern regions. With a wide variety of restaurants offering both local and international cuisine, Lovina is a great spot for foodies. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best places to eat in Lovina.
Warung Dolphin is a must-visit spot for seafood lovers. The restaurant, which is located right on the beach, offers a wide range of fresh seafood dishes, including grilled fish, prawns, squid, and lobster. The prices are very reasonable, and the portions are generous. Be sure to try the spicy sambal, which is made fresh every day.
Spice Beach Club
Spice Beach Club is a great spot for those who want to enjoy delicious food and drinks while taking in the stunning views of the ocean. The restaurant offers a variety of Indonesian and international dishes, including fresh seafood, salads, and grilled meats. Spice Beach Club is also a popular spot for happy hour, with great deals on drinks and snacks.
Warung Ayu is a small, family-run restaurant that serves some of the best Indonesian food in Lovina. The menu features a variety of dishes, including nasi goreng, mie goreng, and gado-gado. The portions are generous, and the prices are very reasonable. Be sure to try the homemade sambal, which is spicy and delicious.
Bali Spice Restaurant
Bali Spice Restaurant is a great spot for those looking for healthy and delicious food. The menu features a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes, as well as fresh juices and smoothies. The restaurant also offers cooking classes, where you can learn how to prepare traditional Balinese dishes.
Starlight Restaurant is a great spot for those looking for a romantic dinner or a special occasion. The restaurant is located on the beach, and offers stunning views of the ocean. The menu features a variety of international and Indonesian dishes, including fresh seafood and grilled meats. Be sure to try the signature cocktails, which are creative and delicious.
Warung Bule is a great spot for those looking for western food in Lovina. The restaurant offers a variety of dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and pasta. The portions are generous, and the prices are very reasonable. Be sure to try the homemade desserts, which are delicious.
Spice Beach Club Bar
Spice Beach Club Bar is a great spot for those looking for a lively atmosphere and delicious cocktails. The bar is located on the beach, and offers stunning views of the ocean. The menu features a variety of signature cocktails, as well as a wide selection of beers and wines. The bar is also a popular spot for live music and events.
Warung Made is a popular restaurant chain in Bali, and the Lovina location is no exception. The restaurant offers a variety of Indonesian dishes, including nasi campur, satay, and ayam betutu. The portions are generous, and the prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is also known for its friendly staff and laid-back atmosphere.
In conclusion, Lovina is a great destination for foodies, with a wide variety of restaurants offering both local and international cuisine. Be sure to try some of the fresh seafood dishes, as well as the homemade sambal and signature cocktails. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner, a casual lunch, or a lively night out, Lovina has something to offer for everyone.
Best Hotels in Lovina
I have added some recommendations for hotels in Lovina. Links are added which will take you to TripAdvisor for more detail and customer reviews.
- 1000 Dream Bungalow – is located in the northern shores of Bali. It is approximately 3 hours from the airport in Denpasar. We can arrange the transportation to get you here or you can arrange by yourself from Airport to our hotel. We have 8 bungalows with open garden bathroom located in a luxurious garden and a sea view Restaurant where you can enjoy your drinks and meals while you are watching sunset.
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa – is a fine and cozy boutique residence, hidden on the hillside 3 kms south of Lovina and surrounded by rice fields and palm trees, is dedicated to offer you some of the finest things of Life.
- Padmasari Resort Lovina – provides an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience, it offers a charming setting with an array of amenities designed for travelers like you.
- Puri Bagus Lovina – promises to deliver a truly distinctive experience. Let the lukewarm ocean breeze lull you into serenity, as you blow off steam in our villa or suite, indulge in a selection of relaxing spa treatments, sunbath by the pool, partake in energizing yoga lessons.
- Kelapa Lovina Beach Villa – is an intimate, small boutique hotel has been designed to offer a very high standard of facilities and service. Kelapa Lovina Beach Villas comprises 5 separate air conditioned villas, each incorporating a king size bed with high quality linen, 32 inch flat screen satellite TV, indoor and outdoor showers, large spa style bath, in room safe, mini bar plus tea and coffee making facilities .
10 Interesting facts about Lovina
- Lovina is a beach resort located on the north coast of the Indonesian island of Bali.
- Lovina is known for its black sand beaches, which are formed from the volcanic activity of nearby Mount Agung.
- Lovina is a popular destination for tourists, with a range of accommodation options, including hotels, guesthouses, and villas.
- Lovina is home to a number of temples and other cultural attractions, including the Brahma Vihara Arama Buddhist Monastery and the Banjar Hot Springs.
- Lovina is known for its dolphin-watching tours, which allow visitors to see the dolphins swimming in the wild.
- Lovina is also a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, with a number of reefs and underwater attractions in the surrounding waters.
- The Lovina area is home to a number of natural attractions, including the Gitgit Waterfall and the Bali Barat National Park.
- Lovina is known for its laid-back atmosphere and is a popular place for travelers looking for a more relaxed vacation experience.
- The local cuisine in Lovina is influenced by both Balinese and Chinese flavors, with a number of seafood dishes and street food stalls available.
- Lovina is located about two hours’ drive from the more developed and tourist-heavy areas of southern Bali, making it a good option for travelers looking to escape the crowds.