Lovina is a coastal area located in the north of the island of Bali, Indonesia. It is known for its black sand beaches and dolphin-watching tours. Lovina is situated in the Buleleng Regency, a district in the northern part of Bali, and is about 110 km from the capital city of Denpasar.
The trail to Singsing Waterfall and the Dutch war monument are must-see attractions. Banjar Hot Springs is located just north of Lovina and feature warm pools and tropical gardens. The Brahmavihara-Arama Buddhist monastery is worth a visit if you want to get a closer look at Borobudur.
Dolphin watching is a popular activity in Lovina with kids. The tours depart early in the morning and you can watch the dolphins swim in their natural habitat. You can also enjoy a relaxing dip in a natural swimming pool and sunbathe on the beach. If you’re a beach lover, don’t miss the sunset over Lovina beach. If you’re looking for a quieter spot, you can visit Banyualit Beach, which is less crowded.
A relaxing swim in Lovina’s black sand beaches is a must. You’ll be amazed by the calm waters of the island’s mellow Bali Sea. Even if you’re traveling with young children, you’ll still enjoy your swim. Although it may be a little chilly, the water is warm and safe. You can even get a great bargain on handbags or sunglasses from local vendors.
You’ll love the beautiful vistas of the ocean in Lovina. With coral reefs and ornamental fish, it’s a must-see for underwater enthusiasts. Renting snorkeling equipment costs just Rp. 100,000 and can be done in any season. You can also take up fishing in Lovina. You can choose from shallow fishing or deep. Whether you want to try your hand at deep sea-fishing, there are many options for you to do here.
If you like to spend the night out, head to the Pashaa Lovina Bali Nightclub to dance the night away. The mellow waters in this part of Bali are perfect for younger swimmers. You can even swim with the whale sharks in nearby Tulamben. However, you must wait for the high tide to dive into the ocean. This is because the sea water is too shallow to dive there.
Among the many activities in Lovina, you can spend the day at the beach. Alternatively, you can go on a sunset cruise or go surfing. There are many options for activities and you’re bound to find the one that suits you best. If you’re not into water sports, you can relax at a spa. And, if you’re a nature lover, you should not miss the opportunity to see dolphins.
Best Restaurants in Lovina
During your stay in Lovina, Bali, be sure to try some of the local cuisine. If you love seafood, then the Warung Apple is definitely the place for you. The food here is very affordable and well-prepared, with plenty of choices for Indonesian and Balinese dishes. The bar here also serves some of the coldest beers in Lovina. While you’re dining here, be sure to enjoy the live music, too.
If you’re in Lovina for a week or longer, the food options are endless. From cheap and cheerful hangouts to chic beach clubs, you’ll be able to find something for every taste and budget. There’s plenty of seafood and Indonesian fare in Lovina, from a quick breakfast to a romantic dinner. The most luxurious options are located in the south, where you’ll find the famous Spice Beach Club.
Located just five minutes from central Lovina, the Lovina Cafe offers an intimate and romantic setting. Its cuisine is a fusion of Balinese and European flavors. Must-try items include the chili prawns, chicken satay, and spring rolls with peanut sauce. The desserts at the Lovina Cafe are heavenly and definitely worth the visit. If you’re looking for something a little different, try the Banana Cream with Chocolate.
Best Hotels in Lovina
I have added some recommendations for hotels in Lovina. Links are added which will take you to TripAdvisor for more detail and customer reviews.
- 1000 Dream Bungalow – is located in the northern shores of Bali. It is approximately 3 hours from the airport in Denpasar. We can arrange the transportation to get you here or you can arrange by yourself from Airport to our hotel. We have 8 bungalows with open garden bathroom located in a luxurious garden and a sea view Restaurant where you can enjoy your drinks and meals while you are watching sunset.
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa – is a fine and cozy boutique residence, hidden on the hillside 3 kms south of Lovina and surrounded by rice fields and palm trees, is dedicated to offer you some of the finest things of Life.
- Padmasari Resort Lovina – provides an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience, it offers a charming setting with an array of amenities designed for travelers like you.
- Puri Bagus Lovina – promises to deliver a truly distinctive experience. Let the lukewarm ocean breeze lull you into serenity, as you blow off steam in our villa or suite, indulge in a selection of relaxing spa treatments, sunbath by the pool, partake in energizing yoga lessons.
- Kelapa Lovina Beach Villa – is an intimate, small boutique hotel has been designed to offer a very high standard of facilities and service. Kelapa Lovina Beach Villas comprises 5 separate air conditioned villas, each incorporating a king size bed with high quality linen, 32 inch flat screen satellite TV, indoor and outdoor showers, large spa style bath, in room safe, mini bar plus tea and coffee making facilities .
10 Interesting facts about Lovina
- Lovina is a beach resort located on the north coast of the Indonesian island of Bali.
- Lovina is known for its black sand beaches, which are formed from the volcanic activity of nearby Mount Agung.
- Lovina is a popular destination for tourists, with a range of accommodation options, including hotels, guesthouses, and villas.
- Lovina is home to a number of temples and other cultural attractions, including the Brahma Vihara Arama Buddhist Monastery and the Banjar Hot Springs.
- Lovina is known for its dolphin-watching tours, which allow visitors to see the dolphins swimming in the wild.
- Lovina is also a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, with a number of reefs and underwater attractions in the surrounding waters.
- The Lovina area is home to a number of natural attractions, including the Gitgit Waterfall and the Bali Barat National Park.
- Lovina is known for its laid-back atmosphere and is a popular place for travelers looking for a more relaxed vacation experience.
- The local cuisine in Lovina is influenced by both Balinese and Chinese flavors, with a number of seafood dishes and street food stalls available.
- Lovina is located about two hours’ drive from the more developed and tourist-heavy areas of southern Bali, making it a good option for travelers looking to escape the crowds.